Pacific Smiles supports new graduate dentists and offer a number of dentist employment opportunities every year to recent graduates. To assist new graduate dentists in establishing their own private practice based at a Dental centre operated by Pacific Smiles, new graduates are provided with a salary package inclusive of much more than just dollars. New graduates are placed in Dental Centres where experienced practitioners are able to mentor and assist providing much more certainty and control as new graduates adjust to the demands and challenges of private practice.
The Pacific Smiles business model enables recent graduate practitioners to;
- Access experienced practitioners
- Observation opportunities at Private Hospitals where experienced practitioners provide dental treatments for patients under General Anaesthetic
- Attend lectures and other continuing education opportunities provided by experienced practitioners on various topics which assist the transition to private practice
- Access to rotary endodontic workshops
- Receive attractive remuneration packages in their first year of practice
- Access a busy appointment book
Dentist Employment through Scholarships
Pacific Smiles combines with various Universities to provide Undergraduate Scholarships for final year dental students. Scholarships are advertised towards the end of each year through the relevant University. Applications are accepted from dental students in their second last year of study with scholarships awarded in the students final year.
Scholarships are open to Australian and New Zealand citizens, or permanent residents of Australia. Two scholarships per university are awarded each year, with consideration given to academic merit, clinical competency and candidates displaying values that reflect those of Pacific Smiles Limited.
While outside of the scholarship, successful candidates will also have the opportunity to attend Pacific Smiles Centres during Semester Breaks.
Scholarships are currently offered at the following universities: – The University of Adelaide – The University of Sydney